1987-1990: Ain Shams University, Faculty of Women
Sociology, Anthropology, Ph.D. with Highest Honor Title of the Dissertation:
Analytical Study of the Value of The Productive Work as an Indicator of affiliation to the Country
1978-1983: American University in Cairo
Sociology, Anthropology. MA 1983. Title of the Thesis:
The Students’ Islamic Movement: Study of the Veil (Hijab)
1971-1975: University of Wales, Aberystwyth
1965-1970: Cairo University
Psychology, Philosophy. BA 1970
- 2022 Professor Dr. Aliaa R. Rafea participated in the 10th International Conference, held by Ain Shams University (March 29- 31). She presented a paper to the humanities session, titled: “Women’s Image in Literature between Being Weak and Helpless to Being Initiative and Leader. http://conferences.asu.edu.eg/
- 2021 She was invited to the second time to give three lectures at The Training Center For Depth Psychology According to C G Jung and Marie-Louise Von Franz. in Switzerland
- 2020 / presented a paper for the American Anthropological Association, section of anthropology of consciousness,
- 2020 shared a presentation at the California Institute for Human Science, “Evoking the Power of the Feminine”.
- 2017 Lecturing at Research and Training Center For Depth Psychology According to C G Jung and Marie-Louise Von Franz.
- 2016 Has designed a managerial skeleton for The Human Foundation (HF) in order to incorporate projects that serve the foundation’s vision and mission.
- 2014 Designed series of educational episodes under The Oneness of Human program, using interdisciplinary approach, and Sufi perspective.
- Since 2012, has been leading Oneness and Origin Project ASL WA WASSl, as one of the Human Foundation’s projects.
- 2011: Established The Hunan Foundation/ license no 4011/ Egyptian Ministry of Social Affairs.
- 2011 – CEO of the Human Foundation (HF)
- 2011 – Teaching Towards Individuation Program, based on Jungian psychology, combining between Sufism and psychology.
- 2010 – lecturing on analytical psychology at The Egyptian Society for Spiritual and Cultural Research (ESSCR),
- 2008: Full Professor Ain Shams University
- 2004: Consultant, Department of Population and Migration, The League of Arab States: Prepared a Reference Paper on Youth Surveys and Literature in Egypt, Represented the Department in Youth National Policies, held in Beirut under the auspices of UNESCO. Working on evaluating the qualitative research on youth in Egypt
- 2003: Associate Professor
- 2003 -2004: Adjunct Professor, The American University in Cairo.
- 2002 Spring Semester: Visiting Professor at Randolph-Macon Women’s College, Lynchburg, Virginia.
- 1998-2001: Faculty, Assistant Professor Ain Shams University, Women’s College.
- 1994-1997: Part-time lecturer at Ain Shams University, Women’s College.
- 1995-1997: Visiting Scientist at the International Center for Agriculture Research in Dry Area (ICARDA).
- 2004- 2006, 2008-2012 : Freelance writer for Nahidatmisr newspaper, Cairo
- 1994-1995: Freelance writer for Al-Ahram Al Messa’i newspaper, Cairo
- 1993-1994: Freelance writer for Al- Shark Al- Awsat newspaper, London
- 1993-1994: Participated in the establishment of the Zeinab Kamel Hassan Foundation for Human Holistic Development, elected secretary general of the foundation.
- 1991– 1992: Managing Women’s Development in The New Communities, sponsored by the section of Visual Anthropology in the Egyptian T.V with Dr. Zeinab Addib., The Project was partly funded by UNESCO
- 1992 women’s activities within the Egyptian Society for Spiritual and Cultural Research:
- 1992: has been leading organized cultural forum within the Egyptian Society for Spiritual and Cultural Research on spirituality and Sufism.
- 1987-1988: Post master fellow, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, American University in Cairo.
- 1979-1983: Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant Department of Sociology and Anthropology, American University in Cairo.
As a Sufi with philosophical, anthropological, sociological, and psychological background, Aliaa Rafea has taught the following courses:
– Cognitive Anthropology
– The Cultural History of Egypt
– Sociology of Knowledge
– Sociology of Religion
– Analytical Psychology
– Sufism: The Awakening of the Heart
– Islam for the Modern World
– The Egyptian Civilization and Globalization
– The Essentials of Islam
– Divine Revelation and Human Interpretations
Shared in the Supervising Committee of Ph.D. and M.A. Thesis
- Asmaa Ibrahim Hamed : University Students’ Consciousness of their National Identity: A Comparative Study between National and International Universities (2018) .
- Zeinab Salah Abdel Dayem: Settlement and Development in the Internal Oasis/. Ain Shams Uni/ Women’s College./ Sociology Department. (2016).
- Dalia A. Mustafa. Ph.D Thesis: Masculinity as Reflected by The Egyptian Women’s Upbringing for their Sons/ Ain Shams Uni/ Women’s College/ Sociology Department (2015).
- Asmaa Rabi M.A Thesis: Rural Young women’s Ambitions/ Ain Shams Uni/Women College /Sociology Department (2014).
- Mona Mazroua M.A Thesis : The Value of Land for Israelis and Palestinians / Ain Shams Uni/ Women’s College/ Sociology Department. (2013).
- Hanem Kerdasi M. A. Thesis: The Young Rural Women’s Perception of Their Issues in the Past and the Present/ Ain Shams University / Women’s College/ Sociology Department. (2012).
Shared in Defense Committees of Ph.D. and M.A. Thesis:
- Walaa Assad, M.A Thesis: A Study of Latifa Azzayat Literature : Using Sociology of Literature Approach. Ain Shams University / Women’s College/ Sociology Department (2018).
- Amani Al Shimi, M.A Thesis: Al-Ghazali’s Integral Epistemology: A Critical Analysis of the Jewels of the Quran/ Islamic Studies/ The American University in Cairo. (2017).
- Yasmeen Alaa Eddin Yussif , Ph. D. Thesis: Leadership Styles in the Light of the Social Transformation Within Modern Organization: A Field Study. Ain Shams Uni/ Women’s College, Sociology Department, (2014).
- Eman Abdel Wahab Mohammad Abdu: Empowering Poor Women through Small Credits for Investment (2014).
- Amani Mohamed Elshimi: Al-Ghazali’s integral epistemology: A critical analysis of the jewels of the Quran/MA in Arabic Studies/Arab & Islamic Civilizations Department
REFERENCE PAPERS SUBMITTED TO ARAB LEAGUE DEPARTMENT OF POPULATION AND MIGRATION
- “Critical Approach to the Qualitative Studies on Youth in Egypt’
- “A Guideline for Qualitative Research in Social Sciences”,
- The American Anthropological Association: member since 1992 .
- Society for Applied Anthropology (SFAA): fellow since 1998 -2011.
- The Egyptian Philosophical Society: member since 1990 -2000.
- The American Sociological Association, joined 2006 .